The Livable Centers Initiative (LCI) helps to create vibrant, walkable communities across metro Atlanta. Communities that have completed an LCI study are eligible to apply for funding for transportation projects that support the goals of their study and the program as a whole. Funding for LCI transportation projects comes through ARC’s Transportation Improvement Program.
LCI 2021 Call for Projects
ARC’s 2021 LCI Project Solicitation is now closed. Applications will be evaluated throughout the remainder of 2021. More information will be posted here when it is available.
Given the limited nature of this solicitation, please note the following parameters before applying:
- ARC will be awarding PE (preliminary engineering) funds only.
- Projects must be identified in an approved and locally adopted LCI Plan.
- At least 50% of the project limits must be located within an LCI area.
- Applications will be limited to one project per LCI area.
- Project submittals must be exempt from air quality conformity, i.e. roadway or transit expansion, or road diets greater than 1 mile in length, are NOT eligible. Eligible project types include (but are not necessarily limited to) bicycle, pedestrian, and trail facilities, operational and safety improvements, transit station and stop facilities and enhancements, and complete streets projects.
- All local, regional, and state entities eligible to receive FHWA Federal Aid funds may apply.
- Project sponsors must be Local Administered Project (LAP) certified, or in the certification process with approval expected by December 31, 2021.
Please reach out to Amy Goodwin (email@example.com) or Elizabeth Sandlin (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
LCI 2019 Call for Projects
The application window for the 2019 TIP solicitation closed on October 11, 2019. ARC has awarded funds for Fiscal Years 2021-2025. For more information about the TIP schedule and project selections, please visit the TIP Project Solicitation page.
||Total Federal Award
||City of Atlanta
||15th Street Extension Project
||City of Atlanta
||South Downtown Pedestrian Enhancements
||Cumberland Area Multi-Modal Facilities (Segment C)
||City of Chamblee
||City of Chamblee Rail Trail
||Kensington MARTA Station Trails & Road Diets
||City of Douglasville
||Dallas Highway Corridor Improvements
||City of Alpharetta
||North Point Parkway Complete Streets
||City of College Park
||Global Gateway Connector
||City of Buford
||Moreno Street Pedestrian Improvements
More detailed information on current projects can be found in ARC’s Planit database and GDOT’s Project Search database.
LCI Transportation Capital Projects: 2003 – Present
An interactive web map of all LCI transportation projects to date can be found here, and a list of the projects can be found here.
The charts below show the breakdown of projects by jurisdiction, status, and type.
Further questions? Contact Amy Goodwin at email@example.com.