Preparing Metro Atlanta’s Next Generation of Leaders
Since 1998, the Model Atlanta Regional Commission (MARC) youth leadership program has engaged hundreds of students in experiential learning with the region’s leaders and experts in transportation, natural resource sustainability, community development, and more.
Each of the Atlanta region’s 10 metro counties (Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry and Rockdale) and the City of Atlanta are represented in the diverse range of 10th and 11th grade students that have completed the program.
The MARC Program
MARC participants go beyond classroom learning to become immersed in the planning and development of a large metro. Leadership, communication, and collaboration are some of the skills developed as students take tours, engage in debates, complete case studies, and learn from the region’s transportation, planning, arts and culture, and human services experts.
Recent MARC experiences include:
Model Atlanta Regional Commission
MARC Commitment and Requirements
MARC 2020-2021 Dates
MARC 2020-2021 will begin in October as a virtual experience. More information on the curriculum will be provided at a later date.
Applications for the MARC program are closed and will re-open in Spring 2021.
- Applications must be complete for consideration
- Students must be rising high school sophomores or juniors
- Students must demonstrate an ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Students must demonstrate an interest in civic and community issues
- Students are selected based on their level of service and leadership, recommendations, and responses to essay questions