Applications are solicited from eleven counties in the metro Atlanta region – Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, and Rockdale. RLI intentionally brings together leaders across a diverse range of sectors, fields, and industries including education, arts, planning, civic and community advocacy, business, engineering, real estate, sustainability, parks, food systems, entertainment, and economic development to name a few.
Each cohort is intentionally composed of leaders who are diverse in sector, experience, background, geography, and expertise. Given this emphasis on diversity of experience, sector, and knowledge, we are looking for leaders who:
- Possess a willingness to learn, even in areas where they have the expertise.
- Leaders with a desire to build relationships and share their knowledge, perspective, and resources.
- Have a commitment to building a network of leaders who have a regional approach and focus even as they act locally.
- Seek to expand their leadership toolkit and capacity to lead.
- Value equity as a core value and approach to shaping our region’s future.
- Are invested in their continued growth as a leader.