The Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is the mechanism by which federal, state and local funds are approved for all significant surface transportation projects and programs in the region. The FY 2020-2025 TIP comprises the first six years of the Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) for the Atlanta region. As the federally recognized Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for a 20-county region, ARC is responsible for developing and amending/updating the TIP and RTP to meet federal planning requirements and address local needs.
Currently, staff are compiling changes to be considered for an Amendment to the TIP/RTP.
Purpose of the FY 2020-2025 TIP/RTP Amendment #5
- Program additional fiscal year 2022 federal funding apportioned under the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA)
- Incorporate new GDOT-sponsored bridge upgrade projects and related federal funding
- Address project cost estimate and programmatic changes that are of a time sensitive nature or cannot be handled administratively.
All amendments require a conformity determination from the US DOT, in consultation with the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This amendment is expected to receive an updated conformity determination by the US DOT and US EPA by June 2022. The most recent conformity determination was issued by US DOT and US EPA on March 16, 2022.
Amendment materials are under development and will be linked below when available ahead of the public comment period.
- Public Review and Comment Period – May 5, 2022 to May 18, 2022
- Public Hearing – May 11, 2022 @ 10:30AM
- Committee and Board Action:
- Transportation Coordinating Committee action– June 3, 2022
- Transportation & Air Quality Committee action – June 8, 2022
- ARC Board action – June 8, 2022
- GRTA Board action – June 8, 2022
- Conformity Determination Expected from US DOT – mid to late June 2022
The public comment period is now closed.