The Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is the mechanism by which federal, state and local funds are approved for all significant surface transportation projects and programs in the region. The FY 2018-2023 TIP comprises the first six years of the Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) for the Atlanta region. As the federally recognized Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for a 20-county region, ARC is responsible for developing and amending/updating the TIP and RTP to meet federal planning requirements and address local needs.
Purpose of Amendment
- Update financial and travel demand modeling assumptions for the Major Mobility Investment Program (MMIP) and other projects with a substantial state interest,
- Incorporate new local and state funded capacity projects into the ARC travel demand model, and
- Address project cost estimate and programmatic changes that are of a time sensitive nature or cannot be handled administratively.
All amendments require a conformity determination from the US DOT, in consultation with the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This amendment will involve a new air quality conformity determination by the United States Department of Transportation and is expected in June 2019. The most recent regional emissions analysis was approved by FHWA and EPA on December 4, 2018.
- Programming Changes
- Public Notice
- To be published in the Fulton County Daily Report on April 3, 2019
- Conformity Determination Report (CDR)
- Public Comment Report
- Public Review and Comment Period – April 4, 2019 to April 18, 2019
- Public Hearing – April 5, 2019 @ 9:30AM – ARC Conference Center, 229 Peachtree Street, NE, Atlanta, GA 30303
- Committee and Board Action:
- Transportation Coordinating Committee action– May 3, 2019
- Transportation & Air Quality Committee action – May 9, 2019
- ARC Board action – May 22, 2019
- GRTA Board action – May 8, 2019
The public comment period has now closed. All other inquiries related to the regional transportation planning process should be addressed to Melissa Roberts, ARC, firstname.lastname@example.org or (470) 378-1563.