The Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is the mechanism by which federal, state and local funds are approved for all significant surface transportation projects and programs in the region. The FY 2020-2025 TIP comprises the first six years of the Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP) for the Atlanta region. As the federally recognized Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for a 20-county region, ARC is responsible for developing and amending/updating the TIP and MTP to meet federal planning requirements and address local needs.
Currently, staff are compiling changes to be considered for an amendment to the TIP.
Purpose of Amendment 8
- To incorporate new discretionary grant funding from Congress and US DOT into the TIP
All amendments require a conformity determination from the US DOT, in consultation with the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This amendment is expected to receive an updated conformity determination by the US DOT and US EPA by September 2023. The most recent conformity determination was issued by US DOT and US EPA on May 17, 2023.
Amendment materials are under development and will be linked below when available ahead of the public comment period.
- Public Review and Comment Period – June 29, 2023 to July 28, 2023
- Public Hearing – July 14 (Transportation Coordinating Committee meeting)
- Committee and Board Action:
- Transportation Coordinating Committee action– August 4, 2023
- Transportation & Air Quality Committee action – August 9, 2023
- ARC Board action – August 9, 2023
- GRTA Board action – August 9, 2023
- Conformity Determination Expected from US DOT – Expected by early September 2023
The public comment period is now closed.