Employment, Training & Education Services
WorkSource Atlanta Regional, which is managed by ARC’s Workforce Solutions division, provides a range of services for individuals seeking employment, training and education services.
These services are offered to people who live, work or have been laid off in Cherokee, Clayton, Douglas, Fayette, Gwinnett, Henry and Rockdale counties. To find WorkSource programs elsewhere, please search the Technical College Systems of Georgia WIOA Career Centers.
Applicants must be unemployed, have been laid off, or meet the low-income threshold. They must also live, work or have been laid off from a job in the seven counties served by WorkSource Atlanta Regional (Cherokee, Clayton, Douglas, Fayette, Gwinnett, Henry and Rockdale). For a complete list of requirements, download our Eligibility Requirements and Checklist.
- Do not attend classes or pay in advance for any training that you expect to be paid for by WIOA funding until your training plan is completed, signed and approved by you and your Career Advisor.
- A voucher for payment for training is the only approved method of payment under WIOA.
- This program does not provide direct reimbursement to the student.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all required documentation is attached to their application. Missing documentation will delay the process of an application.
- Those requiring assistance in completing the application may contact WorkSource Atlanta Regional at 404-463-3327 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View list of other Financial Aid Listings
- Read Commonly Asked Q & A for more information on WIOA training
Programs and Services
- Career assessment testing to identify potential career paths
- Job readiness training in areas such as effective communication and problem solving that prepare clients to get, keep and excel at a new job
- Job search training assistance that helps build strong resumes and interview skills
- Assistance in locating approved training providers and registering for programs
WorkSource Atlanta Regional provides these services and more at local Career Resource Centers located throughout the seven-county program service area. In addition, the Mobile Career Lab is stationed weekly at convenient locations in the program service area.
For more information about job training and education services, contact WorkSource Atlanta Regional at 404-463-3327 or email@example.com.
While Your Application is Being Processed
- Make sure your chosen career area is on the ARWDB Occupations Options list and that the school and training program you want to attend is on the Eligible Training Providers List (ETPL).
- Download the Training Program Research Form. Use it to compare schools and review the training considerations as you select your career goal and your training provider.
- Review the Labor Market Research Form. This worksheet will help you gather information about potential jobs available after you complete training for the occupation you have chosen.
This list serves as a guide for in-demand jobs and is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of acceptable WIOA funded occupational skills training options. There may be additional occupations in which demand occurs based on the job market or specific opportunities within the broad spectrum of occupations. This list includes occupations that show a favorable mix of projected long-term job growth, projected annual job openings, and median wages. WIOA participants seeking training in an occupation not on this Demand Occupations List may discuss the appropriateness and relevance of the proposed training with their career advisor for additional consideration (approval is at the discretion of the Local Workforce Development Board).Download
Grievance and Complaint Procedures
If you believe you have been harmed by a violation of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act or regulations of this program, you have the right to file a grievance/complaint as well as request information and assistance with filing a complaint.