The Atlanta Regional Commission exercises its Area Plan Review (APR) authority to protect key transportation corridors, encourage planning to protect corridors and encourage development compatible with proposed transportation projects, and determine consistency with regional plans and policies. The APR authority permits ARC to review a range of public actions that affect the citizens of more than one political jurisdiction and have a substantial effect on the development of the region. The APR mechanism was used with great success in the early MARTA development period.
- Proposal to expand APR authority to proposed transit lines
- Resolution exercising APR along the Inner Core Transportation Corridor
- Resolution reestablishing APR for MARTA
- Area Plan Review Maps-Memorial Drive BRT
- Area Plan Review Maps-MARTA Rail Corridor (167mb)
- Area Plan Review Maps-Beltline (140mb)
For additional information contact us at 404.463.3100.