The Freight Advisory Task Force was established in 2003 as part of the ARC regional planning process. The Task Force meets periodically throughout the year. The general membership of public/private sector freight representatives include railroads, trucking, airport, chambers of commerce, and community improvement districts. The Task Force provides a forum for dialogue between the freight community and the public sector on freight and goods movement issues.
- Improve goods and services movement in the region
- Improve reliability of goods movement
- Minimize the cost of goods movement
- Improve characteristics of transportation system for freight movement
- Provide input on policies and improvements for freight mobility
- Identify freight mobility characteristics and needs
- Highlight the significance of freight to the region
- Improve safety of the transportation system
- Prioritize freight transportation needs and investments
If you work in the freight and logistics industry, please join us for the next ARC Freight Advisory Task Force meeting. Self-driving cars, connected vehicles, and other transportation technology is in the news a lot these days. So we’ll focus this meeting on freight and transportation technology. We’ll have private sector presentations from Wavetronix and Applied Information about new ITS technology they’ve implemented. We’ll also be seeking your input on ARC’s ITS Architecture/TSMO Plan, which is focused on transportation technology and related strategies for addressing traffic congestion and safety.