NOTICE: Gov. Brian Kemp has extended a public health emergency declaration through August 11, 2020. Social distancing continues to be required, gatherings of more than 50 people are banned unless there is six feet between each person, and sheltering in place is required for those living in long-term care facilities and for the medically fragile. Learn more...
COVID-19 Weekly Report
The Atlanta Regional Commission's COVID-19 Weekly Report provides the latest data about the state of the novel coronavirus in the Atlanta area.
Week ending August 7, 2020
This Week's Key Insights
- The new cases chart has been updated to reflect Georgia DPH's new option for reporting. The chart now shows new cases according to the date of reporting rather than the onset of symptoms, which may reduce weekly variability in the report.
- 8,105 new COVID-19 cases, a decrease of 18 percent from last week's 9,890 new cases.
- 105 new COVID-19-related deaths, a decrease of 7.9 percent from last week's 114.
- 37,309 new unemployment insurance (UI) claims this week, down 13.7 percent from 43,242 claims last week.
- 15,291 new jobs posted this week, up 12.7 percent from 13,562 postings last week.
- Overall time spent out of home is up 0.52 percentage points, still 16.2 percent below the baseline.
ARC's Webinar Library
Get helpful information through ARC’s new and popular webinar format
Helpful Resources for Businesses and Local Governments
Virtual Public Engagement Guide for Local Governments
This guide provides tips on how to ensure that your virtual meetings are open to the public and engaging for all participants. It also provides information on choosing the right tool for your virtual meetings and how to avoid common technical issues. Finally, it provides a list of over 30 online tools to help you with online meetings and community engagement.
Where are Georgia's Most Vulnerable People?
Neighborhood Nexus, a data partner of ARC, has developed interactive maps that show the location of Georgia’s most vulnerable people – whether they are vulnerable medically or economically. There are also maps showing the increase in cases and deaths over time, and one that shows testing sites around the state. This work was done to support the Greater Atlanta COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fund of the Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta and United Way of Greater Atlanta.
Spread of COVID-19 in the Atlanta Region
Using data from the Georgia Department of Public Health and other sources, ARC has created a regional data dashboard where you can see the number of confirmed cases and/or deaths per county in the 21-county region, along with other important information about the virus’s spread.
- Department of Health websites by county:
- Fulton County Board of Health
- Cobb and Douglas Public Health
- Cherokee County North Georgia Health District
- Forsyth County Emergency Management Agency
- Clayton County Board of Health
- Gwinnett, Rockdale and Newton County Health Departments
- Dekalb County Board of Health
- Coweta and Henry GDPH District 4 Public Health
- CDC - Symptoms & Testings
This resource also has a "self-checker" feature.
- Disaster Loan Assistance
Federal Disaster Loans for Businesses, Private Nonprofits, Homeowners, and Renters
Impacted Programs, Meetings, and Events
To protect the health of our staff, customers, partners, and the community, the Atlanta Regional Commission office at 229 Peachtree Street, NE Atlanta is closed to the public until further notice. All employees are working remotely and conducting business operations. ARC employees can be contacted directly during normal business hours. If you need immediate assistance call 404-463-3100.
Older Adults & Individuals with Disabilities
Those looking to connect with resources and services for older persons and individuals with disabilities in the Atlanta Metro area, please contact us at 404-463-3333 or visit empowerline.org.
Georgia Commute Options
As the need for teleworking increases amid the coronavirus outbreak, the Georgia Commute Options program has developed a “Quick Start Telework Guide” to help organizations start a teleworking program quickly.
WorkSource Atlanta Regional
Although WorkSource Atlanta Regional’s Career Resource Centers and Mobile Career Labs are temporarily closed, customers can still fill out applications, talk with career counselors via phone or email, and participate in web-based trainings and educations sessions. Our business partners are able to contact us to learn how we can help them prepare their workforce for the future. To get more information and sign up for services, visit atlworks.org.
ARC Board Meeting
The next ARC Board meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, June 24 and will be held virtually. For more information and to virtually attend the meeting, click here.
The Board Work Session scheduled for April 16-17 has been moved to July 9-10.