Atlanta — May 29, 2020
The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) announced its 2020 board officers today. The officers were appointed by ARC Board Chairman Kerry Armstrong and approved by the ARC board.
ARC officers for 2020 are:
- Vice Chair: Rochelle Robinson, Mayor of Douglasville
- Secretary: Charlotte Nash, Chairman of Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners
- Treasurer: Bob Reeves, Citizen District 3
- Parliamentarian: Julie K. Arnold, Citizen District 12
Armstrong also appointed the following board members to serve as chair or vice-chair of ARC’s board committees:
Aging & Health Resources
- Chair: Romona Jackson Jones, Chairman of Douglas County Board of Commissioners
- Vice Chair: Bob Reeves, Citizen District 3
Atlanta Regional Workforce Development Board
- Co-chair: Randy Hayes,
- Citizen Member Co-chair: Eric Dial, Mayor, City of Tyrone
Budget and Audit Review Committee
- Chair: Bob Reeves, Citizen District 3
Community Resources Committee
- Chair: Mark Mathews, Citizen District 14
Regional Transit Committee
- Chair: Jeff Turner, Chairman of Clayton County Board of Commissioners
Strategic Relations Committee
- Chair: Eric Dial, Mayor of Tyrone
Transportation & Air Quality Committee
- Chair: Charlotte Nash, Chairman of Gwinnett County
- Vice Chair: June Wood, Chairman of Henry County Board of Commissioners
“These individuals provide the insights and leadership needed to help guide ARC’s efforts to improve quality of life throughout this dynamic region,” said Armstrong, who in December was elected to a fourth term as chairman.
The 39-member ARC Board consists of: the county commission chair from each of the 10 member counties; the mayor and a council member from the City of Atlanta; and a mayor from each of the 10 counties with the exception of Fulton, which has two mayoral representatives – one from North Fulton and one from South Fulton. The board also includes a representative from the Georgia Department of Community Affairs and 15 citizen members selected by the board’s elected officials.
The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the official planning agency for the 10-county Atlanta Region, including Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry and Rockdale counties as well as the City of Atlanta and 73 other cities. The Atlanta Regional Commission serves as a catalyst for regional progress by focusing leadership, attention and planning resources on key regional issues.
# # #
Contact Name: Kate Sweeney
Contact Phone: (404) 314-7863
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org