Atlanta — Jun 18, 2020
The Atlanta Regional Commission has opened nominations for the agency’s annual Development of Excellence Awards, which recognize planning and development projects that improve quality of life for metro Atlanta residents.
Nominated plans or projects should support the goals of the Atlanta Region’s Plan, contributing to improved quality of life, transit accessibility, housing affordability, and economic development.
Nominations will be evaluated in one of the following categories:
- Visionary Planning: Recognizes a state-of-the-art planning initiative being implemented in a community to achieve lasting progress.
- Innovative Development: Recognizes a cutting-edge development that contributes to the region’s advancement and supports the goals and policies of the Atlanta Region’s Plan.
- Great Place: Recognizes an inspiring space that enhances a community’s character and provides options for housing, employment, or recreation.
- Livable Center: Recognizes a targeted project that significantly advances the implementation of a community’s Livable Centers Initiative plan.
Prior projects that have received a Development of Excellence Award from ARC include:
- The Kendeda Building for Innovative Sustainable Design (2019)
- Station Soccer (Great Place Award, 2019)
- LaFrance Walk (2018)
- Aerotropolis Alliance (Great Place Award, 2018)
- Parsons Alley (2017)
- Avalon (Exceptional Merit, 2017)
Applications are due July 24, 2020. Winners are announced at the annual State of the Region Breakfast, which will take place on Friday, Oct. 30.
The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the official planning agency for the 10-county Atlanta Region, including Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry and Rockdale counties as well as the City of Atlanta and 73 other cities. The Atlanta Regional Commission serves as a catalyst for regional progress by focusing leadership, attention and planning resources on key regional issues.
# # #
Contact Name: Junior Knox
Contact Phone: 404-357-5317
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org