New ARC Executive Director Anna Roach Participates in First Board Meeting
Atlanta — Mar 09, 2022
Atlanta Regional Commission Chairman Kerry Armstrong today made the following officer and committee appointments for 2022:
- ARC Officers:
- Vice Chair – Rochelle Robinson (Mayor, Douglasville)
- Secretary – Romona Jackson Jones (Chairwoman, Douglas County)
- Treasurer – Bob Reeves (Citizen District 3)
- Governance Committee: Kerry Armstrong, Chair; Rochelle Robinson, Vice Chair
- Budget and Audit Review Subcommittee: Bob Reeves, Chair
- Ethics Committee: Romona Jackson Jones, Chair
- Pension Board Subcommittee: Kerry Armstrong, Chair
- Strategic Relations Subcommittee: Chair, Eric Dial (Mayor, Town of Tyrone); Vice Chair, Amol Naik (Citizen District 4)
- Advisory Committee on Aging: Co-Chair, Romona Jackson Jones; Co-Chair, Lois Ricci
- Atlanta Regional Workforce Development Board: Co-Chair, Randy Hayes; Co-Chair, Angelia O’Neal (Citizen District 5)
- Community Resources Committee: Chair, Nicole Hendrickson (Chair, Gwinnett County Commission); Vice Chair, Patti Garret (Mayor, City of Decatur)
- Transportation & Air Quality Committee: Chair, Mike Mason (Mayor, City of Peachtree Corners); Vice Chair, Lisa Cupid (Chair, Cobb County Commission)
- Urban Area Security Initiative: Chair, Jeff Turner (Chair, Clayton County Commission)
“I look forward to collaborating with these tremendous leaders over the next year and supporting our agency’s efforts to foster an Atlanta region where every resident has the opportunity to succeed,” said Armstrong.
The Board meeting also marked the first with new ARC Executive Director Anna Roach, who started on March 1.
“I am excited to work with the ARC Board and build on our important, impactful work that has helped make our region such a great place to live,” Roach said. “The board shares my commitment to building a better, brighter future for all members of our community.”
The 41-member ARC Board consists of the county commission chair from each of the 11 member counties, the mayor and a council member from the City of Atlanta, and a mayor from each of the 11 counties with the exception of Fulton, which has two mayoral representatives, one from North Fulton and one from South Fulton. The board also includes 15 citizen members selected by the board’s elected officials and a representative from the Georgia Department of Community Affairs.
The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the official planning agency for the 11-county Atlanta Region, including Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, and Rockdale counties as well as the city of Atlanta and 74 other cities. The Atlanta Regional Commission serves as a catalyst for regional progress by focusing leadership, attention and planning resources on key regional issues.
Contact Name: Paul Donsky
Contact Phone: 404-202-4662
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org