The Harry West Visionary Leadership was established in 2014 to honor ARC’s longest-serving executive director, who exemplified courageous and visionary leadership during his entire career in the public, private and university sectors.
About the Harry West Visionary Leadership Award
Each summer, the Atlanta Regional Commission accepts nominations for individuals who exemplify outstanding community service, inspired leadership and commitment to the Atlanta region.
The chosen nominee is recognized at ARC’s annual State of the Region Breakfast.
Individual nominees may work in any sector – public, private or non-profit – and must:
- Demonstrate leadership in addressing important regional issues or opportunities.
- Exhibit vision in communicating how change can occur in the Atlanta region.
- Work collaboratively with others in addressing regional challenges.
- Inspire actions that will create long-term benefits for the region and its citizens.
- Live in Atlanta, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry or Rockdale counties.