The Community Choices Implementation Assistance Program is an Atlanta Regional Commission initiative that provides cities and counties with the tools, technical assistance and resources to help them create communities that best suit their unique visions.
Cities and counties across the Atlanta region develop plans and policies that foster economic growth, promote sustainability, enhance public health and plan for the types of development that will benefit their residents. Often, local governments lack the tools and human resources to implement their plans and policies.
Community Choices is a great opportunity for these jurisdictions to implement plans and prepare for the future with help from ARC staff. Community Choices is an annual, competitive solicitation open to city and county governments in the 10-county Atlanta region who need assistance developing tools to implement their plans and policies.
- Provide cities and counties the necessary resources to achieve their visions
- Support implementation of regional plans and policies at the local level
- Create examples of quality growth that can serve as best practices
- City of Jonesboro– Conduct a comprehensive review of the city’s zoning code to ascertain any potential issues that would hinder quality growth.
- Town of Woolsey– Review the city’s comprehensive plan to ensure it’s in line with existing zoning regulations and consider possible code updates.
- City of Decatur – Perform an updated survey of downtown Decatur’s parking and identify places to incorporate smart parking technologies.
- City of Fairburn –Provide recommendations on appropriate land uses, zoning regulations, and architectural design standards that will assist with revitalization of the Lightning District.
- City of Duluth – Conduct an inventory of neighborhoods and recommend improvement strategies, and assess opportunities for future housing.
For more information about Community Choices, contact Sidney Douse.