The Atlanta Regional Commission Advisory Committee on Aging (ACA) serves as the advisory board to the Area Agency on Aging. The committee’s functions include:
- Advising and submitting recommendations on all matters relating to the development, review and evaluation of the Area Plan on Aging
- Reporting on activities, needs and initiatives in local communities
- Increasing community interest in issues affecting older adults
- Promoting awareness among the public of federal, state and regional resources available for the elderly
- Assisting local governments, educational institutions, private businesses and nonprofit organizations develop programs and services for older adults
All ACA meetings are open to the public and held on the first Tuesday of every other month at 1:00 p.m. at the Atlanta Regional Commission. Please note that all meeting times and places are subject to change. Contact ARC at 404-463-3100 to confirm.