Henry County was created in 1821 out of Creek Indian lands and is named after Revolutionary War great Patrick Henry. It is located in the southeast part of the metro area, along I-75 South.
Major landmarks include the Atlanta Motor Speedway and Panola Mountain State Park. Large employers include Piedmont Henry Hospital, Luxottica and PVH Corp.
Henry County experienced explosive growth through the 2000’s, becoming an economic engine for the region’s southside.
Within Henry County are the cities of Hampton, Locust Grove, McDonough, and Stockbridge.
Henry County by the Numbers (2022)
|Population Change (since 2010)
|Population Forecast (2050)
|Median Household Income
|Mean Travel Time to Work
|Single Family Building Permits
|Multifamily Building Permits
View ARC’s 21-County Dashboard where you can find various data points about Henry County.
Henry County Data Resources
2023 Annual Report – Henry County (pdf)
Other Henry County Resources
ARC Board Members Representing All or Parts of Henry
- US Census Bureau, County Population Estimates, 2022
- US Census Bureau, Small-Area Income and Poverty Estimates, 2021
- US Census Bureau, American Community Survey (1-year estimates), 2022
- US Census Bureau, American Community Survey (5-year estimates), 2017-2021
- Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC), Series 16 Forecasts
- HUD, State of the Cities Data System (SOCDS), 2022