The Community Choices Implementation Assistance Program is an Atlanta Regional Commission initiative that provides cities and counties with the tools, technical assistance and resources to help them create communities that best suit their unique visions.
Cities and counties across the Atlanta region develop plans and policies that foster economic growth, promote sustainability, enhance public health and plan for the types of development that will benefit their residents. Often, local governments lack the tools and human resources to implement their plans and policies.
Community Choices is a great opportunity for these jurisdictions to implement plans and prepare for the future with help from ARC staff. Community Choices is an annual, competitive solicitation open to city and county governments in the 10-county Atlanta region who need assistance developing tools to implement their plans and policies.
- Provide cities and counties the necessary resources to achieve their visions
- Support implementation of regional plans and policies at the local level
- Create examples of quality growth that can serve as best practices
- City of Atlanta – Assist the Washington Park Historic District Planning Commission in compiling the information and documentation required to apply for Historic District designation.
- City of Austell – Conduct an inventory of redevelopment sites to market to potential developers.
- City of East Point – Review the city’s design standards and regulations specified in the Downtown Architectural Overlay District and recommend amendments to the commercial development zoning district.
- City of Fairburn – Assess the housing and redevelopment needs in the downtown and Lightning neighborhoods to help the city address housing and community revitalization.
- Clayton County – Conduct a land-use and zoning audit of the Mountain View Livable Centers Initiative area.
For more information about Community Choices, contact Sidney Douse.