- The county commission chair from each of the 10 member counties
- The mayor and a council member from the region’s largest city (city of Atlanta)
- One mayor from each of the 10 member counties, with the exception of Fulton, which has two mayoral representatives (one from north Fulton and one from south Fulton).
- A representative from the Georgia Department of Community Affairs
- 15 citizen members who are selected by the ARC board’s elected officials.
- Every 2 years the Board elects from its members a Chairman for a 2 year term. The Chairman with the affirmation of the Board appoints the Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and Parliamentarian and the chairs and members of the various committees.
ARC Board Meetings
The ARC Board meets at 1 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of each month, January through October, and the first Wednesday of December.
The June 28 Board meeting is CANCELLED.
Instead, there will be an open house at Peachtree Center for Board members 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
For more information, contact Charissa White-Fulks at email@example.com
ARC Board Members
CITY OF ATLANTA
Kasim Reed (ARC Vice Chair)
Mayor, City of Atlanta
Council President, City of Atlanta
Chair, Cherokee County Commission
Mayor, City of Ball Ground
Chair, Clayton County Commission
Mayor, City of Lake City
Chair, Cobb County Commission
Mayor, City of Marietta
CEO, DeKalb County
Mayor, City of Chamblee
Romona Jackson Jones
Chair, Douglas County Commission
Mayor, City of Douglasville
Chair, Fayette County Commission
Mayor, Town of Tyrone
Chair, Fulton County Commission
Mayor, City of Palmetto
Mayor, City of Roswell
Charlotte Nash (ARC Secretary)
Chair, Gwinnett County Commission
Mayor, City of Duluth
Chair, Henry County Commission
Mayor, City of Hampton
Chair, Rockdale County Commission
Mayor, City of Conyers
Citizen District 1 (portions of DeKalb/Henry)
Citizen District 2 (portions of Clayton/Fulton)
Robert L. “Steve” Stephens Jr.
Citizen District 3 (portions of Clayton/Fulton)
Bob Reeves (ARC Treasurer)
Citizen District 4 (portions of Atlanta/Fulton)
Citizen District 5 (portions of Cobb/Douglas/Fulton/Atlanta)
Citizen District 6 (portions of DeKalb/Gwinnett/Rockdale)
Citizen District 7 (portion of DeKalb)
Citizen District 8 (portion of Gwinnett)
Citizen District 9 (portion of Gwinnett)
Kerry Armstrong (ARC Chair)
Citizen District 10 (portions of DeKalb/Gwinnett)
Citizen District 11 (portions of Atlanta/Cobb/DeKalb/Fulton)
Minuard “Mickey” McGuire
Citizen District 12 (portion of Fulton)
Julie K. Arnold (ARC Parliamentarian)
Citizen District 13 (portion of Cobb)
Citizen District 14 (portion of Cobb)
Citizen District 15 (portions of Cherokee/Cobb)
Georgia Department of Community Affairs representative
T. “Tread” Davis
- Aging Advisory
- Aging and Health Resources
- Atlanta Regional Workforce Development Board
- Budget and Audit Review
- Community Resources
- Land Use Coordinating
- Strategic Relations
- Transportation and Air Quality
- Transportation Coordinating
- Regional Transit
All members of the ARC Board serve on at least one committee and additional committee members can be appointed from outside ARC.
The committees meet monthly to consider specific subjects referred to them by staff, the Commission or initiated by the committee itself.
ARC may also, from time-to-time, appoint special purpose task forces or organize collaborative efforts to examine issues affecting the Atlanta region or to help implement projects or programs to effect positive community change.
ARC welcomes input from interested citizens from the Atlanta regional community. In order to properly hear from interested persons and respond to their comments, ARC requests that citizens follow the ARC Policy for Citizen Input.
- ARC’s Policy for Citizen Input
- Regional Community Engagement Plan
- The Atlanta Region’s Plan — Community Engagement
- Title VI Plan & Program
- Limited English Proficiency Plan